How stable is Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna KDE CE BETA 044?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shengchieh

How stable is Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna KDE CE BETA 044?

Post by shengchieh »

I will soon take a bunch of distros (fedora, dreamlinux, mandriva, etc) for a spin. I noticed there is
- Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna KDE CE BETA 044 and
- Linux Mint 3.0 Cassandra KDE CE
I don't particular like installing a beta version, but the Daryna version looks 1/2 year newer than the Cassandra version
and probably has more features. How stable is the Daryna version? Bottom line: Which version do you recommend?

Also, what does 044 means? the 44th beta edition???

Background: I'm no geek, just a long time linux user (Mandrake 9.0, Xandros 10, 2.0, & 3.0 OCE, PCLinuxOS 2007, and MiniMe 2008). So trying
another distro doesn't freak me out. But I don't like to hassle with major problems.

Thank in advance for your comments.

Sheng-Chieh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: How stable is Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna KDE CE BETA 044?

Post by Husse »

Yes - it means the 44th beta - only two has been released. Every little step on the road is numbered and so we get this number
It's as stable as the release version, but wait a day or to and the final version will be there - it's being transferred to all our mirrors right now :) (or am I not to say that :))
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's nearly as stable (read the release notes). As for 044 it's basically the build number.

Clem.
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

Possible errata on http://www.linuxmint.com/ . As of 10:52am PST, I see both

- Linux Mint 4.0 KDE CE released
- Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 044 released

I also noted the GNOME edition missing. Maybe "Linux Mint 4.0 KDE CE released" was put in the wrong place?!?

Sheng-Chieh

p.s. Downloading soon (fouled up 1st time - my fault)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

No, these are the last announcements... the Main edition was released much earlier than that.

Clem.

Return to “Software & Applications”