Vino VNC broken with Cinnamon 1204 RC

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Godwin
Level 1
Level 1

Vino VNC broken with Cinnamon 1204 RC

Post by Godwin »

Hello all,

I have a problem with using Vino w/ Cinnamon. I can log in OK, the mouse pointers and background display remotely. However the panels / menus only show on the home system, but not on the VNC..

eg If I right click on the remote machine, the menu will display correctly on the local view.. but on the VNC view only the background LinuxMint and the pointer will show.

It only happens with Cinnamon.. on Mate it is fine. I suspect it is not a Network issue but a Cinnamon issue.. hence I put it in this subforum.

eg
The Remote view
The Local view
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Godwin
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Vino VNC broken with Cinnamon 1204 RC

Post by Godwin »

A bit of an update,

I replicated the problem with MDM (vs default GDM3) both in Cinnamon.. however in MDM even the default LinuxMint background would not show.. only black background and the mouse pointer.

Can anyone offer any insights / debug technique I can use so to track down the issue?
beyondcr

Post by beyondcr »

*bump, I am having the same issue with cinnamon, so far I found this to happen on vnc, team-viewer, and print screen function. I tried 3 different releases of video drivers plus all programs with this issue works fine in other desktop environments.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

I have a similar problem. After some research, I found this:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=564520

I am a newbie and have no idea what to do with the information. I believe that Cinnamon is based on Gnome. Should I post it as a bug in Cinnamon? So far, my reaction is "Forking hell!" :roll:

Return to “LMDE Archive”