Profile boot image?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ddalley
Level 4
Level 4

Profile boot image?

Post by ddalley »

I'm confused as to how to use this "feature".

When we install LM now, we are asked to make or pick some sort of profile picture, but I have no idea how it gets used, except now I see it when I login. OK, so I see a picture. Now what?

If I pick the chess board, does that make me smarter?
If I chose the astronaut, does that make me a space cadet?

What does all of this mean and why should we care? (It reminds me of KDE's "wallets", which I still don't see the need for them, either. They just slow me down.)

I tried looking it up, but didn't find anything useful to describe why this exists now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Profile boot image?

Post by DrHu »

Remember the images that the windows OS uses for each user that can logon: same idea here with Mint
--of course you only really need a name and not even that, the users simply have to know their own logn names, no need for a list or a list with images !

And no you don't get any smarter by seeing an icon as your representative logon selection, unless you like comic books and want to subsume a hero posture (aka a profile, maybe!)

Return to “Chat about Linux”