community site email change

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dentad
Level 1
Level 1

community site email change

Post by dentad »

Easy enough on the forums, but how do I change my email address on the community site?

http://community.linuxmint.com/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: community site email change

Post by xenopeek »

I'm sorry, but currently there is no way to change your email address on the Community site. You'll either have to forward from your old email address, or setup a new account. If you haven't actively used your old account yet we can delete it if you want.
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

Is it possible to change your email address in the linux mint community site yet? I haven't used my profile much so could create a new one, but it would be better if I can just keep my old one and change my email address.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

No, sorry. The Linux Mint developers can but work on a number of tasks, and you may understand that Linux Mint releases and software get priority. A number of improvements were implemented on the Community Site by Clem about two months ago (like easier search and new statuses), but this one was not amongst them.
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

Fair enough, I'll just create a new profile. Developers efforts are much appreciated as Linux Mint is very good - I'm liking the Cinnamon RC very much.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”