Linux Mint ULTIMATE - Is There a List of Installed Apps ?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Elhardt

Linux Mint ULTIMATE - Is There a List of Installed Apps ?

Post by Elhardt »

There are quite a few Linux distros that come with tons of installed apps, but for some reason it's near impossible to find lists of what those apps are without going through the hours of downloading the distro and getting it all set up to boot up on a USB drive. In a couple of cases I found youtube videos where people pull up all of the menus so you can see what's there, but I can't find anything for Linux Mint Ultimate. I don't know why they don't make it easy for people. The question is where can I find out what's installed in the Ultimate version?

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint ULTIMATE - Is There a List of Installed Apps

Post by xenopeek »

For support on Ultimate Edition please visit their website http://ultimateedition.info/ or their forum http://forumubuntusoftware.info/. Ultimate Edition is partially based on Linux Mint, but it is not Linux Mint :wink:
homerscousin

Re: Linux Mint ULTIMATE - Is There a List of Installed Apps

Post by homerscousin »

I ran Ultimate Edition 3.4 for a couple weeks. I liked it. I had random hard system freezes when I built the new ivy bridge system which was probably related to compiz and kernel. My kernel upgrade failed because of a bug with the broadcom lan chip on my mobo- I guess. Didn't want to mess with it, so here I am on Mint 13 KDE. This distro runs absolutely fine on the latest Intel cpu. If I want to know what is in a distro I go to distrowatch.com. You can find the newest releases on the homepage or click a particular one and it lists the major components included. I'm not sure if it lists every single program in the distro or not.

U.E. is a much larger install than Mint, 3 times larger roughly. There was lots of stuff there I had no use for. I don't need 3 video players, I want 1 that does everything and does it well, etc.

Return to “Chat about Linux”