Autologin not working after update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
hallergard

Post by hallergard »

Had a huge update last night. Now I get asked to "Enter passwork for the keyring 'default' to unlock"

There is no change in mdm.conf or in the .gnome2/keyrings/ files. Help would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
maxic

Re: Autologin not working after update

Post by maxic »

Look at /etc/gdm3 or /etc/mdm conf files.
hallergard

Post by hallergard »

Thanks, but /etc/mdm/mdm.conf has not changed as I mentioned and I do not have any /etc/gdm.conf file
hallergard

Post by hallergard »

Had a huge update on Tuesday, after which at login I get the message: "Enter password for keyring 'default' to unlock". Actually I get it twice.

Have checked that /etc/mdm/mdm.conf has not been changed, neither the files in .gnome2/keyrings/ Also I do not have any /etc/gdm3 or gdm3.conf file.

Actually the autologin as such might be working, as I can see the desktop behind the message, which seems to be caused by my having two small scripts in autostart, both containing lines starting with 'sudo'
hallergard

Post by hallergard »

Correction: I do not have any /etc/gdm3.conf file

I believe I have posted this in the wrong subforum. Have reposted in Update/Upgrade Issues. Sorry!
hallergard

[SOLVED] Re: Autologin not working after update

Post by hallergard »

Unticking the two sudo scripts did not stop me from getting the message to "enter the password for keyring 'default' to unlock".

So went back to my backup copy before updating and updated the 1407 packages + 148 new - 34 removed, and paid close attention to the 9 question abt keep/replace. Rebooted and got the same message relating to one of my sudo scripts, and entered my password. Then the second message which was relating to the default keyring. Now I did not enter the password, just clicked OK and got a question abt using an unsafe password, which I okayed. Rebooted, and no message!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Please don't cross-post
Threads merged

Return to “LMDE Archive”