Cinnamon 1.6

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Cinnamon 1.6

Post by kc1di »

Thank Clem and the crew cinnamon 1.6 is looking nice. Running quite well here no real show stoppers yet.
:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
ultraviolet
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Cinnamon 1.6

Post by ultraviolet »

i'm running 1.4 when will mint release it on there repository?
“Your as addicted as I am”
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rehdon »

ultraviolet wrote:i'm running 1.4 when will mint release it on there repository?
If you're running 1.4 under Linux Mint 13 (Maya) you can install Cinnamon 1.6 by enabling the unstable repository (Romeo).
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

ultraviolet wrote:i'm running 1.4 when will mint release it on there repository?
here is one of the release announcements;
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=207
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
ultraviolet
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ultraviolet »

kc1di wrote:
here is one of the release announcements;
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=207
thanks, read this yesterday. probably available next week i suppose
“Your as addicted as I am”
MM4

Post by MM4 »

I'm loving the new features, namely the improved Alt+Tab and persistent workspaces. But my modified workspace keybindings got reset to the defaults; there is no way to effectively reassign them in the keyboard settings at the moment. Also, I don't appear to be able to recursively (is that the right word for it?) toggle through workspaces. For example, in 1.4 I was able to go from workspace 4 back to workspace 1 via Ctrl+Alt+Numpad right; I hope that wasn't taken out on purpose.

Besides that, I don't seem to be able to scroll down lists in Nemo with the mouse, but I know it's still very early.

And I finally have the centered clock. :D
cosmotron

Post by cosmotron »

Overall I'm loving the changes too. I did notice the shortcuts defined in keyboard config do not appear to line up at all. For example with the default workspace configuration (2 workspaces arranged horizontally):

Ctrl+Alt+Down should move to the lower workspace, but instead it shows all the windows in the current workspace.
Ctrl+Alt+Up shows all the workspaces

Perhaps that is the intended behavior if you have your workspaces aligned horizontally. When I try to move to either workspace on the left or right using Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right nothing happens. Now I'm a total LinuxMint and Cinnamon noob so it's very possible I am the problem, but doesn't seem to be working correctly.
jamvaru

Post by jamvaru »

Rehdon wrote:
If you're running 1.4 under Linux Mint 13 (Maya) you can install Cinnamon 1.6 by enabling the unstable repository (Romeo).
thanks
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

Just updated to 1.6 here too. Very, very nice! Really pleased with all the new features, and performance is excellent as always.

The only thing I've lost in the process is the marvellous weather applet from mockturtle. It doesn't seem to be compatible with 1.6, but I'm hoping this gets sorted soon. Otherwise, massively impressive stuff. :)
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

Condorman wrote:Just updated to 1.6 here too. Very, very nice! Really pleased with all the new features, and performance is excellent as always.

The only thing I've lost in the process is the marvellous weather applet from mockturtle. It doesn't seem to be compatible with 1.6, but I'm hoping this gets sorted soon. Otherwise, massively impressive stuff. :)

strange, the weather applet works fine here..
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

lurkatron wrote:
Condorman wrote:Just updated to 1.6 here too. Very, very nice! Really pleased with all the new features, and performance is excellent as always.

strange, the weather applet works fine here..
Really? What the...?

I'll try it again, but I could not get it going earlier.
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

ive got the same problem with another applet (cpu freq selector) - the author says it has to do with custom panel heights. i tried fiddling a bit with the panel height but didnt help. maybe the panel height is whats causing your problem. my theme uses 26px panel height and ive got 'use customized panel size' disabled in cinnamon-settings
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

Just had a play, and the problem here is the weather applet doesn't even show up in the Applet Settings as a tickable box. Very confusing.
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

i guess you have tried downloading the latest version (iirc it was updated just a few days ago)? and perhaps run the included cleanup script etc?
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

lurkatron wrote:i guess you have tried downloading the latest version (iirc it was updated just a few days ago)? and perhaps run the included cleanup script etc?
Yup. I'm lost.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until another update. :(
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

It's working now. :D

I had to double click the install.sh and select run in terminal, then input the password for it to work. Before I did it manually from the terminal, by typing sudo /path to install.sh and then putting the password in. Dunno what difference that made, but happy it's going again. Nicest desktop applet ever. :)

Thanks for your replies btw. 8) :)

Return to “Cinnamon”