Linux Mint 13 Teamviewer Not Installing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Michaelclaw

Linux Mint 13 Teamviewer Not Installing

Post by Michaelclaw »

Hi,

I download the .deb for ubuntu on the offical teamviewer website and when i try to install it says it needs to install like 271 packages along with teamviewer i press install package and it waits like 10 seconds and then says fail to fetch the package.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint 13 Teamviewer Not Installing

Post by xenopeek »

On the download page you can pick a .deb for 32-bit or a .deb for 64-bit. You picked the 32-bit I think, while you have a 64-bit Linux Mint installation. Pick the 64-bit .deb and that should work.

IIRC if you instead download the .tar.gz, you just extract that and can run TeamViewer from there without needing to install it.
Michaelclaw

Post by Michaelclaw »

Hello,

I have actually tried 64-bit and 32-bit both have not worked. Sorry for the late reply. Im trying to install the tar.gz file will report back on here.. also do i drag the file to a certain location?
Michaelclaw

Post by Michaelclaw »

Tar.gz didnt work tried too launch the "teamviewer" script and it gave me options (Run in terminal, Display, Cancel, Run) I choose all of them and nothing worked. :(
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

Hi,
I guess you downloaded the tar.gz file from:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux.aspx

I think you need to have wine installed on your computer in order to make this work. Could you install wine and try to start teamviewer again?

Regards,
Kristian
Michaelclaw

Post by Michaelclaw »

Hello,

*SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY*

Will try the wine method right now..... thanks for the reply :)
Michaelclaw

Post by Michaelclaw »

Problem.

I have tried to install wine and i get a error code while installing on terminal, and when i install through source manager it goes to 55% and just completely stops.

I dont know why? do you want to me to reinstall linux mint? i really dont want too though :/
axel668

Post by axel668 »

maybe you should ask this to Teamviewer forum / support Mint 13 is very close to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS after all, it's very likely someone else has had the same issue before
goetzkluge
Level 3
Level 3

Post by goetzkluge »

slingshot wrote:Hi,
I guess you downloaded the tar.gz file from:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux.aspx

I think you need to have wine installed on your computer in order to make this work. Could you install wine and try to start teamviewer again?

Regards,
Kristian
Teamvier (I used the ...tar.gz) comes with its own wine. That is why there are so many files. I just unpacked it in a subdirectory (below my home directory) and start it from there.
Michaelclaw

Post by Michaelclaw »

Hey,

I tried numerous ways of trying to install wine.... i dont know. :( maybe i will switch back too ubuntu i could install wine on there or go to a new distro. :(
wlsnoops

Post by wlsnoops »

Michaelclaw wrote:Hey,

I tried numerous ways of trying to install wine.... i dont know. :( maybe i will switch back too ubuntu i could install wine on there or go to a new distro. :(
Have you tried to install it through the Software Manager? I use Linux Mint Maya and had no issues at all installing it. Hope this helps.
ljonesj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ljonesj »

well i i just reinstalled my linux mint 13 system and the first program i tired install is teamviewer 7 it stops and tells me it can't get all depencies and gives me a 127 errror and install-info or info-install which makes it were i cant install anything else can anyone help me
mtbsoft

Post by mtbsoft »

If you are trying to install the 64 bit version of TV I may have a solution for you - it worked for me and I was having the same issues as others in this thread.

The 32 bit packages are a waste of time on maya 64 bit, they leave it in a broken state. The 64 bit packages would go part way through then complain about broken dependencies and error out.

After some research I concluded that the ubuntu repo's are "broken" with regard to this package. Referring to the WineHQ website (http://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu) I decide to add the official wine ppa and use that.

So, try the following...

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
Now install wine from either synaptic or with the relevant apt-get command (you can choose wine 1.4 (stable) or 1.5 (beta) ) - I chose 1.4 for stability.

At this point you should have had a valid wine install and should be able to run the teamviewer_linux.tar.gz (v7) version if you wish.

Now install the TV V8 64 bit package (or V7, I used the 8, the dependencies appear to be the same) - note that the number of dependencies should have gone down from over 200 to 172 (on a clean install, YMMV).

That should do it. For me, it worked and TV8 fired up - all connectivity was fine and I could control other machines and log into my account.

Hope this helps get someone else going with TV on 64 bit Mint.
fozziebox
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fozziebox »

Thank you very much, this sorted out the TV 8 install on mint 14 64bit for me.

Return to “Software & Applications”