Video Tearing - Mint Maya XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
takis123

Video Tearing - Mint Maya XFCE

Post by takis123 »

Hello,

I've installed mint 13 xfce at my netbook :D It's vga is Intel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated Graphics Controller. Everything runs fine except a tearing problem when watching youtube videos or videos with VLC. Is there something that I can do in order to stop tearing ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mozenrath

Re: Video Tearing - Mint Maya XFCE

Post by Mozenrath »

My netbook happens to have the same graphics as yours, and I too get a bit of tearing when using GNOME 3 with Mutter/Metacity.

But honestly, I've never been able to get "tear-free" Linux. Ever. Even on my desktop, I still get tearing. It's ridiculous that most compositors don't let you just manually enter a refresh rate.
mank_in

Post by mank_in »

You can try ( you can remove it later when the change is no effect):

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /etc/environment
add line :

CLUTTER_PAINT=disable-clipped-redraws:disable-culling
save and reboot.
takis123

Post by takis123 »

Mozenrath wrote:But honestly, I've never been able to get "tear-free" Linux. Ever. Even on my desktop, I still get tearing. It's ridiculous that most compositors don't let you just manually enter a refresh rate.

My netbook never had tearing problems with Mint 9. But I wanted something lighter and newer, so that's why I've installed mint maya xfce. It is better but tearing is the problem :(
mank_in wrote:You can try ( you can remove it later when the change is no effect):

sudo gedit /etc/environment
add line :

CLUTTER_PAINT=disable-clipped-redraws:disable-culling
save and reboot.

I'll try it, thank you
takis123

Post by takis123 »

I tried that solution but tearing doesn't stop :(

Return to “Sound”