Automatic login not working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Karthikkeya

Automatic login not working

Post by Karthikkeya »

I am referring to a solved issue that is not working for me... http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 66&start=0
Workaround from terminal (at least for GNOME):

Code: Select all

gksudo gedit /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf
Change the following lines under the [daemon] section (or add these three lines if they are not there):

Code: Select all

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=YOURUSERNAME
And replace YOURUSERNAME with your user name. Then save & close the file. Next time it should automatically login.
I am using LMDE 201204 and I have before not had any problem with this, but now I re-installed the LMDE and this bug came into my system. When I read the possible solution to edit the dameon.conf file, actually I can not find the file, nor the folder gdm3 in /etc. ok what i did? i created it of course! still didn't solve my issue though.

I read that widgets could be the problem, that the widgets somehow overrides my attempt to lock my userlogin in automatic mode?!

Any ideas anyone?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Karthikkeya

Re: Automatic login not working

Post by Karthikkeya »

Hello Linux Mint Forum, I have enjoyed Linux Mint a lot, but it just had to many bugs both for software and hardware, so I have swithed to Linux EasyPeasy, here everything works as it should for me. Who knows, if Linux Mint will get more stable, I will return?!

Return to “LMDE Archive”