SD card not recognized (in 95% of all cases)

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ctulhu

SD card not recognized (in 95% of all cases)

Post by Ctulhu »

I just got a new motherboard on my Dell Latitude E6500. I had Mint KDE 13 on it before. When the technician put in the new motherboard, we tested the motherboard with a live CD and everything worked; in particular, the OS recognized it when I put an SD card in the slot. Then I installed Mint 13 KDE from that very live CD but now in 19 out of 20 attempts, the OS does not recognize the SD card anymore when I insert it. Two times, it recognized there was an SD card in the slot when I booted fresh with the card already in it, but not the rest of the time and I had not done anything different.

Some Further info: in System Settings > Removable Devices: i have the following activated:

- Enable automatic mounting
- Mount all removable media at login
- Automatically mount removable media when attached
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ctulhu

Re: SD card not recognized (in 95% of all cases)

Post by Ctulhu »

UPDATE: It works without problems when an SD card is in the slot while booting. Then the one in there is recognized, switching to another is no problem either. But if it's not in there while booting, the problem persists.
Ctulhu

Re: SD card not recognized (in 95% of all cases)

Post by Ctulhu »

I just had to reinstall the system (because the NVidia driver shot it) and now two SD cards are never recognized. No entry in this sys log thing, no entry in System Settings > Removable Devices, nothing. Any tips, *plz*?

Return to “Hardware Support”