HP 2511x lines during scrolling or video

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
douggiephresh

HP 2511x lines during scrolling or video

Post by douggiephresh »

Im having problems with my HP 2511x monitor. Whenever I scroll a webpage or watch a video I get a line that crosses the screen horizontally. It doesnt always stay in the same place, it usually moves up, slowly. Do i need a driver or something to fix this? I just switched to Linux today and ive googled and searched the forums for hours and I cant find an answer. This never happened with windows. Please explain any answers/information as if you are talking to an infant who knows nothing of linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
douggiephresh

Re: HP 2511x lines during scrolling or video

Post by douggiephresh »

I think it is called tearing
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

You need to provide more information, open a terminal and copy/paste here the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -SGx
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
douggiephresh

Post by douggiephresh »

System: Host: doug-desktop Kernel: 3.2.0-23-generic x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.6.3) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 13 Maya
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF110 [GeForce GTX 570 HD] bus-ID: 01:00.0
X.Org: 1.11.3 driver: nvidia Resolution: 1280x1024@60.0hz, 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.51 Direct Rendering: Yes
douggiephresh

Post by douggiephresh »

No worries, I got it working fine.... back in windows.

Return to “Hardware Support”