kbfx problems

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dracorX

Re: kbfx problems

Post by dracorX »

Hi. Sorry, I don't get your problem exactly. What s happening when you launch the menu? does it come with default kmenu shape or does it come with default kbfx template? I don't know, did you add kbfx to the kicker(which is additionnal and not REPLACING kmenu).
IF you have added it, could you indicate me the following info?
Version
Printscreen
Printscreen of the template config page.... (I don't know if you know it, but depending on the version, your templates may be invalid format)...

Greetings Dracorx
KBFX Core Team Member
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dracorX

Post by dracorX »

ok... seems you misinterpreted something....

KBFX - though a menu replacement - doesnt replace the kmenu (that is doesn't overwrite the binaries) but installs an additional kicker applet. To use kbfx, you have to add it to kicker first. Proceed as following:
- Right-click on kicker
- Add applet
- Search for KBFX and mark it
- Klick ok

Now, you should have a new startbutton somewhere on kicker, you can rightclick, move and move it to wherever you see fit (mostly bottom left)

If you now klick on it, kbfx opens, if you rightclick on it, you can start the configuration kbfxconfig for changing themes and behaviour

Please write, if it works now...
dracorX

Post by dracorX »

Heyho... nice it worked for you now. Have a lot of fun ;-)

Return to “Beginner Questions”