Mint 9 XFCE make panel sit behind open windows

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BBistheKing

Mint 9 XFCE make panel sit behind open windows

Post by BBistheKing »

hi

I am using mint 9 xfce.

I have created a 2nd panel for fave app launchers - how do you make it sit behind an open window instead of in front?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint 9 XFCE make panel sit behind open windows

Post by xenopeek »

You could set it to automatically show and hide? To do that go to Panel Preferences (right click empty spot on the panel, find it in Panel submenu).
BBistheKing

Post by BBistheKing »

yeah I was trying to avoid using auto hide. I was sure I did it once accidentally but have no idea what I did to activate it. I wanted to create a second panel of launchers and monitors on the right side but I want it to be visible unless I have window open full screen.

thanks again any way, Vincent.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

I want it to be visible unless I have window open full screen.
Did you mean invisable??

If not in Xfce 4.10 the panel should have a option 'Don't reserve space on borders' on display tab.

P.S. I think you may have to have composisioning enabled tho. :?

J.Jay
BBistheKing

Post by BBistheKing »

yeah eventually figured that one out :oops: but wasn't quite what I was after. :| I was after something like intellihide, window dodge. so ended up installing Cairo-dock. :D
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

yes no intelli-hide type...

I believe LXDE-panel has that tho. :?: So can change session to use LXDE-panel and notxf-panel. (more limited panel tho) :evil:

Can do away with xf-panel in session if use only use other panel (but cario uses more resorces and watch for plugins that acually are based on 'Gnome' (even more dependecies/memory usage).

I actually like a 'conky' (sits a wallpaper and allway behind windows) and has a multitude of plugins/components. :wink:

J.Jay

Return to “Xfce”