Mouse click and dragging on it's own?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
suretytn

Mouse click and dragging on it's own?

Post by suretytn »

After I ran updates today the mouse is constantly (two button USB mouse) clicking and dragging everything. I thought it was a Firefox problem but it is also happening to applications running on the task bar, it will pick them up when i attempt to single click or just mouse over them.

Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't been able to test the mouse but it's odd it worked fine until I ran the available updates.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
suretytn

Re: Mouse click and dragging on it's own?

Post by suretytn »

tested a ball USB mouse, works fine. I'll go with the mouse is bad. just surprised because its almost brand new.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

What brand and model mouse is it? Especially some of the fancier gaming mice, that have non-standard features, are known to cause problems.

Edit: I've removed your post on the http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 51#p641351 topic. Please don't post the same question to multiple locations, see the forum rules.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

LED mice work best on a plain white surface.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Hardware Support”