what's so great about workspaces?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jonass

what's so great about workspaces?

Post by jonass »

Is there any advantage to using workspaces as opposed to just having multiple windows open? I have never understood their appeal especially when I can just use the feature to zoom out and see all my open windows at once. Not trying to be critical, just curious whether I'm missing something...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
abnvolk

Re: what's so great about workspaces?

Post by abnvolk »

If you have many active windows, moving them to another workspace could save you some time using the mouse to select them from the window list or Alt-Tabbing. On my laptop, I don't run many applications, so workspaces are just like ornaments - sometimes rotating a desktop cube is quite relaxing :)
jonass

Re: what's so great about workspaces?

Post by jonass »

Cool thanks for the reply, maybe I just need to be more organized to take advantage of them. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some kind of performance boost

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”