{Solved} JS_Blacole_Group

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jmor8801

{Solved} JS_Blacole_Group

Post by jmor8801 »

Hello All !

I have just installed mint 14 and it works fine. Now i have done all the updates and also done some surfing and now comcast is putting pop ups on the firefox brozer window and stopping my web surfing , saying that my computer is infected with JS_Blacole_Group.

Doing a web search for JS_Blacole_Group only gives ressults for windows machines , that i could find.

Anyone out there know anything about this JS_Blacole_Group ? All i know is it is a java infection i believe.

And the good people at comcast directed me to several windows cleanup apps, which on the windows install i had yesterday did not find anything.

So if anyone has any idea on how to satisfy this isp proovider could you please share it.

I am going to uninstall the java that was installed by the default install.

Thanks in advance for any help thats avaiable.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jmor8801

Re: JS_Blacole_Group

Post by jmor8801 »

Well i reinstalled 13 and the problem went away. No longer does comcast " am i botted " say i am botted by the infection in the heading. So it must be something in the linuxmint 14 / Ubuntu 12.04 / 12.10 that has comcast all upset. Been running 13 all night and only 3 instances in the firewalll log.

Looks like this is solved except i still do not know what JS_Biacole is and does ! No one out there in internet land has any ideas i guess.

Only thing that is different from 13 to 14 is , i already had 13 and did not have to download the iso.

Return to “Other topics”