Printer Settings missing

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aelfinn

Printer Settings missing

Post by aelfinn »

In the 64-bit Cinnamon versions of LM13 and 14, I cannot seem to find the usual printer settings, such as page size etc.—what am I missing?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Printer Settings missing

Post by remoulder »

Please search the forums for printer settings.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

remoulder wrote:Please search the forums for printer settings.
Gosh, thanks, that was tremendously helpful. I had already done that, and because nothing useful turned up, I wrote this post. If there is something in the Cinnamon section, please blame the forum search, not me.

In any case, two pieces of information would have actually helped: 1. Is there a workaround? 2. Will the usual settings be incorporated into Cinnamon any time soon? (Because this is actually important to a lot of people who depend on GUI ways of doing things due to their relative inexperience.)
Last edited by aelfinn on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

I couldn't work out how to access printer settings via the usual means, but if you have a hp printer you can install hplip-gui and access settings that way.
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

andersau wrote:I couldn't work out how to access printer settings via the usual means…
It turns out, you can access the printer settings via the cups daemon, by going to localhost:631 in any browser. Of course, that’s text-based and not graphical, and it is not really an option if I want to tell my mother where to look for a particular setting.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Aelfinn, You have already asked and received some answers to this question here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 60#p646994

So this topic is a duplicate and therefore locked.

Return to “Cinnamon”