Grub Issues [Solved]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mindfilled

Grub Issues [Solved]

Post by Mindfilled »

I'm trying to have three OS's on two hard drives. Win7, Fedora 17, and Mint 14. The smaller HDD is dedicated to Win7. The larger one is for Fedora and Mint. I've already done the partitioning. Win7 has a 250GB HDD to itself, except for GRUB. Fedora has a root partition of 15GB and 30GB for /home. Both Mint and Fedora are sharing a 4GB swap partition, and Mint has about 450GB for /home.

My problem is GRUB. Fedora isn't even listed, yet it is displayed in my File Manager under the category of Devices. I've even tried to have one HDD dedicated to Fedora, and the other HDD exclusively for Mint. Whichever OS was installed last is the only one that shows up in GRUB. I assume that since the Fedora partition is listed in Mint's File Manager, that there's a way to list it in the GRUB menu...but I don't know how to make it happen. I've installed the GRUB Customizer GUI, hoping to find a solution there. I'm still confused, so any help would be appreciated.

Problem solved.
Mounting Fedora and running:

sudo update-grub

--took care of it. Now, Fedora is listed in my GRUB menu. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Grub Issues

Post by remoulder »

Mint 14 is not released.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

This was reported somewhere.

Try this to see if it helps
Run from Mint, mount fedora root partition, followed by sudo update-grub
Hammer459
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hammer459 »

I installed LM 14 RC MATE with root (/) on one disk and /home on another (separate disk) and get grub load error on boot
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

See http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205 for reporting problems on the RC
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Installation & Boot”