Installing mate applets into xfce

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ac0ax

Installing mate applets into xfce

Post by ac0ax »

I've checked the forums but can't find any information on how to install mate applets in xfce. What I really want to do is install the weather applet from mate into xfce.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: Installing mate applets into xfce

Post by jjaythomas »

Why??

Xfce has a weather applet (not in mint default) but can get from repos/software manager/synaptic.

but even tho can use 'xfapplet (reconfigured for mate now I believe) :?:

J.Jay
P.S. not sure if 'Xfce weather applet works with 4.10 PPA tho (Mint 13-Xfce) but does on LMDE-Xfce and Mint14RC (xfce installed thru Repo)
ac0ax

Post by ac0ax »

Its not the one that I want to use. its ok, but the one on mint 13 mate has a radar feature that I like.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Its not the one that I want to use. its ok, but the one on mint 13 mate has a radar feature that I like.
Okay : :|
I believe the weather applet mate/gnome is one that works under xfapplets. :!:

J.Jay
P.S. not same (need internet) one of the links (in blue) in the 'Xfce weather applet goes to Weather channel where has radar (and more) that you can set up to be ready on web page (power of web cookies :roll: )

Return to “Xfce”