Mint 14 Video Choppy in full screen

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
swright007

Mint 14 Video Choppy in full screen

Post by swright007 »

I have a Satellite L355-S7915 Toshiba laptop. The video worked amazingly well in Mint 13. When I installed Mint 14 ( and while testing from the RC live USB), I noticed the video was very very choppy in full screen mode with VLC and Movie Player. When I installed it on my desktop computer I do not get these issues at all so apparently it is only with certain video. I will get you the only specs I can find for my video to assist anyone that can help with this question.

Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20 GhZ
3 gig ram
Video 1440 x 900 pixels
Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x301)
X11 Vendor the X.org Foundation

Hope these specs are of some assistance. again the video is only choppy and stuttered in full screen mode.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint 14 Video Choppy in full screen

Post by remoulder »

Discussion of Mint 14 RC issues as requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
keghn
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 14 Video Choppy in full screen

Post by keghn »

Hello.
In a terminal type:
glxgears

What kind of performance are you getting?

Return to “Installation & Boot”