Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
invisibleman
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Postby invisibleman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm on laptop windows 64 bit windows home premium edition. I have plenty of space in my hd and I have a fairly good graphics card. I downloaded the MATE 64-bit An edition featuring the MATE desktop Yes 64-bit only and didn't click it. I then went to my virtual box and set it up like described on youtube and by users on the forum. After clicking past all the warnings like mentioned, I can't get past the automatic boot countdown. It just stays on the same screen after the 0 disappears. It's the black screen with the Linux Mint icon at the top. I enabled 3d acceleration. It doesn't do it with it off. My graphics card is fine. I increased the Video memory to 128mb. The storage is set to the iso file like mentioned. Base memory to 1024mb. My memory for virtualbox was set to 20 gb. I have it set to other linux as I did not see this version listed. I have no idea what I am doing wrong here or why it won't go. I waited several minutes and it did nothing. I tried clicking it and it only took over the mouse but the pointer doesn't show up. Please help. Thanks.

invisibleman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Postby invisibleman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Trying the 32 bit version even though I have a 64 bit laptop. Perhaps that will make it work. If have any suggestions please let me know.

invisibleman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Postby invisibleman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 pm

That did the trick. I feel like a newb or even a noob. Sigh but I guess I did better than could of, seeing as this is my first day/time doing it. Could of sworn I had to get the 64 bit version. Bit I guess I don't have 64 bit fully activated on the laptop? I have no idea lol. I also set it to linux 2.6. All other settings like I mentioned. I think there needs to be some directions set up and virtualbox updated :|. Maybe I'm just blind too..heh. Well thanks for reading just the same.

Return to “Software & Applications”