Creating a stand-alone Flash file

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gewitty
Level 2
Level 2

Creating a stand-alone Flash file

Post by gewitty »

I have a job to do using a Weebly web site. On one of the pages I need to embed a Flash file exported from a Freeplane mind-map.

Freeplane can export as Flash, but not as a single stand alone file. In addition to an html file, it outputs a folder with .swf, .mm and .js files.

Weebly offers the ability to embed a stand-alone Flash file on a page, but does not provide for the situation where there are additional file dependencies.

Is there a way of converting the Freeplane output into a single Flash file without the need for additional dependencies?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Creating a stand-alone Flash file

Post by cwsnyder »

From the extensions on the files, the .swf file is your stand-alone flash file, the .html file is to embed in a web page, the .js is a javascript file to play the file, and I can assume the .mm file is your mind-map file.
gewitty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gewitty »

cwsnyder wrote:From the extensions on the files, the .swf file is your stand-alone flash file, the .html file is to embed in a web page, the .js is a javascript file to play the file, and I can assume the .mm file is your mind-map file.
That would seem to be the case. But when embedded, the .swf file only shows the Flash panel and control buttons; the actual graphic content is missing, obviously contained in one of the other files.
gewitty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gewitty »

I've been continuing my efforts to find a solution to this problem, but with no success so far. If anyone has ideas, I would be most grateful.
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

My only thought, and I haven't researched it, is that very probably the .mm file is the MindMap file, with the .html, .js, and .swf files being 3 ways to access the contents of the .mm file. Maybe reading the HTML file in a HTML editor will tell you more about getting to the MindMap file.

Return to “Sound”