HELP i'm scared (USB install help)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oneblondebrow

HELP i'm scared (USB install help)

Post by oneblondebrow »

Hi all,

I am noobier than a noobie noob noob from noob land when it comes to all things Linux so please bare with me and hope you can hold my hand through this :D

Anyway i have installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 64bit LiveUsb to a 2gb USB drive and booted from it, What i want to do is install Linux Mint onto a second 8gb USB drive but i want a full install that will save my changes (i.e bookmarks and software).

can someone run me through the install process, I don't want it touching my internal HDD which has windows running at the moment as the wife needs to backup a ton of stuff from it so only want the install on the 8Gb USB drive, This is where the fear lies, I dont want the file system corrupt on the windows drive.

Please help.

Remember i have never done this before.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
usbtux

Re: HELP i'm scared (USB install help)

Post by usbtux »

Install a fully working system to your flash drive http://usbtux.hostzi.com/flash_install

Return to “Installation & Boot”