New to Linux & Mint user (after a few false starts)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jfj33

New to Linux & Mint user (after a few false starts)

Post by jfj33 »

Hi everyone, glad to be here!

I'm quite new to Linux, and brand new to Linux Mint, and I'm very much enjoying myself, rediscovering my love of computing.

I've tried out Linux of various flavours a few times over the years, but ended up getting frustrated with not being able to get things working, and struggling to free myself from a Windows mindset.

However, this time, it's been nothing but a pleasure, and Linux Mint has given me the enjoyable, relaxed introduction I needed.

Since installing Mint, I've also added partitions for Ubuntu Studio, Manjaro and Fedora to tinker with... but Mint is the distro I keep booting into, the one that the rest of my family like using, and the one I'll be installing on my mum's laptop soon - yep, she's in her sixties, and even she's a convert!

Well done Linux Mint, keep up the good work. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: New to Linux & Mint user (after a few false starts)

Post by bimsebasse »

Welcome aboard!
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jfj33

Post by jfj33 »

Thanks both of you! Glad to be part of the family!

Oh, and the thing I forgot to add to my original post... the reason I ended up trying Linux again after a few years' gap: Windows 8. I got a new laptop with it preinstalled, used it for about an hour, and thought "what the..?!? this is a laptop, not a tablet, why are they trying to make my life so difficult?' So I read up on recent developments in the world of Linux, and decided to take the plunge. I haven't looked back since! I haven't been using Mint exclusively, and I downloaded a few distros that I didn't get on with in the end, but I now have Linux Mint and a couple of other distros on both my new laptop, and the family desktop, and we (as a family) are enjoying a new life of OS freedom!

I imagine there will be a load more Windows 8 refugees heading this way in the near future... :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to Mint :mrgreen:
jfj33

Post by jfj33 »

Thanks jesica, and apologies for the horrendous delay in replying, very rude of me!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”