Troubles installing Mint 14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pedropt

Troubles installing Mint 14

Post by Pedropt »

Hi everyone... Im a XP user that decided to give a try on Lynux. Im writing this post on the not installed Mint 14 on my pc. Its running from the cd, after I mess up Windows. Upon a Mint instalation trial, my pc was no longer able to boot. It became looped with no access to XP. Fortunately I was able to access the necessary personal data on the XP from hd and copy it to an external HD, all this through Mint.
Hi have an aprox. 82.3 gb hd, supposedly umpartitioned, where I want to install Mint. I start the superuser instalation process and all goes fine untill the stage where the Mint instalation window shows a <presentation> about Mint. From there the instalation window disapears and the instalation becomes stalled with the sand clock spinning, spinning, spinning, the instalation cd drive stops and the hd led lights out, showing no action. When I reboot from the hd it isnt recognised. I have to do it from the cd again. What am I doing wrong<question mark> My keyboard is misconf, sorry...
Thank for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Matt267
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Troubles installing Mint 14

Post by Matt267 »

This sounds like a similar problem I had installing Mint13. See: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=102866
Pedropt

Re: Troubles installing Mint 14

Post by Pedropt »

Matt267 wrote:This sounds like a similar problem I had installing Mint13. See: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=102866
SOLVED :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”