Mint4win problems (SOLVED)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pbelfi
Level 1
Level 1

Mint4win problems (SOLVED)

Post by pbelfi »

Just installed Linux Mint 14 64bit using Mint4win installation. The installation actually went fine, but I can't save any settings, or software that I've downloaded....as long as I stay in the session, everything is fine, but if I reboot all settings and software is lost.....I haven't tried Linux Mint for a while, but I remember using Mint4win previously, and I never had that problem...am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Mint4win problems

Post by karlchen »

Hello, pbelfi.

The same problem has been reported several times before. Please, find an explanation and a solution in this thread: New Settings Not Persistent Between Boots e.g.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
pbelfi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pbelfi »

Thanks Karl.....That worked like a charm :)
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, pbelfi.

Thanks for your feedback. And glad the recommended thread helped you solve your issue. :-)

Have a nice weekend,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Installation & Boot”