Truecrypt: The Folder Content Could Not be Displayed...HELP!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
laukce01

Truecrypt: The Folder Content Could Not be Displayed...HELP!

Post by laukce01 »

I just installed Truecrypt and after I mount the volume that I created and I try to click on the file or folder that is encrypted it says: "The Folder Contents Could Not Be Displayed. You do not have the permissions to view the contents of "lost+found". Also this lost and found folder has an X and a pad lock on it.

How can I get access to this folder so I can start saving shit in it and encrypting it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hammer459
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Truecrypt: The Folder Content Could Not be Displayed...H

Post by Hammer459 »

lost+found is a system folder used by checkdisk to put inodes that are not marked as deleted but is not attached to any file inode. In effect, this is where checkdisk places file remnants that are recovered but with no file name
Therefore you are not allowed to mess with it if you are not root, and only then if you first change permissions on the folder. It is unwise to do anything with lost+found directories unless you know exactly what you are doing. Placing files there and encrypting does not sound like "know exactly what you are doing" and therefore I recommend "Hands off".
laukce01

Post by laukce01 »

When I double click on the mounted folder as shown in "Screenshot" attached below, I get the Lost-Found folder as shown in "Screenshot-1". When I double click on that I get the error message as shown in Screenshot-2 attachment.

What am I doing wrong? I've seen others on Youtube start a Truecrypt volume and not have any problems as they open the Lost+Found folder, etc.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

please don't double-post (according to the forum rules the other topic will be deleted)
laukce01

Post by laukce01 »

I think I figured it out. For some reason when I use FAT as the file system vs Linux it seems to work. Not sure why.

Return to “Software & Applications”