Help! Adobe flash freezing my system at fullscreen

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
firefighter
Level 1
Level 1

Help! Adobe flash freezing my system at fullscreen

Postby firefighter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I am using Mint 13 Mate 64bit. I like to watch youtube videos such as nascar races ect. The problem that I am running into is, that when I go fullscreen, flash will play for a minute or two, then the display will suddenly freeze but sound will continue for another few seconds. After that, sound stops and the whole system is frozen, mouse and all. I have to press and hold the power button to get out of it. I also have windows 7 installed on this computer and it works fine on that side. I have an Acer laptop and have downloaded the driver for my radeon hd 4200 video card. All is fine until I try to use flash. Pulling my hair out on this one and I don't really have all that much to spare if you know what I mean! Can someone help/walk me through this problem?

Thanks!

cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Help! Adobe flash freezing my system at fullscreen

Postby cwsnyder » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:28 am

Adobe stopped supporting Flash for Linux several months ago. Suggested solutions are to go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and sign up for HTML 5 videos or to use the Google Chrome browser, which includes its own version of Flash.
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Debian Mate 64-bit, Xubuntu xenial 64-bit, Ubuntu-Mate 14.04 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS Mate 64-bit

nomko
Level 10
Level 10

Postby nomko » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:50 am

jamvaru
Level 3
Level 3

Postby jamvaru » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 am

curious; it just started a few days ago for me as well, perhaps around the time of the OP

also curious... the first answer was basically 'sol'

i switched to 'chrome' (non-google) and it is working fine for now

i recall there was a firefox update; this is likely the problem; i'm sure they will get it squared away (again) shortly

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”