Backporting Mate 1.4 to Maya; level 3 updates mandatory?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seba
Level 1
Level 1

Backporting Mate 1.4 to Maya; level 3 updates mandatory?

Post by seba »

Hi folks,

I just tried backporting Mate 1.4 to my Maya setup.
As described in the blog post on http://blog.linuxmint.com, I've selected only level 1 and 2 updates but when trying to install these updates, I see that also the marco file manager level 3 updates are automatically installed, even when I de-selected all the level 3 updates?
What am I doing wrong here?
I'm running Maya 13 with Mate (on a PentiumM, so unfortunately no PAE Mint 14 for me).
As per blog, I've selected Menu -> Preferences -> Software Sources->Backported packages (backports) checked.
Ran the Update Manager and deselected all level 3 updates but I still get those when finally clicking on 'Install'?

I'm stuck and can't figure out what goes wrong.
cheers, seba
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Maya Mate x32 on a PentiumM 1,7 GHz.
zerozero

Re: Backporting Mate 1.4 to Maya; level 3 updates mandatory?

Post by zerozero »

seba wrote:the marco file manager level 3 updates are automatically installed
marco is mate's window manager (https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-window-manager) so it makes all the sense that it is pulled in as a dependency when you install (or update) mate
seba
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Backporting Mate 1.4 to Maya; level 3 updates mandatory?

Post by seba »

Thanks zerozero,

That's what i thought also but as the blogpost stated explictly to select only level 1 and 2 updates, i thought the new marco version perhaps wasn't ready for backporting to maya yet.
However, I've installed the (backporting) updates, including the level 3 marco updates and everything works just fine.
cheers, seba.
Can be marked as solved afaic.
Maya Mate x32 on a PentiumM 1,7 GHz.

Return to “Software & Applications”