[Solved] Mint 14 Cinnamon > Class Mint > Status Icon too big

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DesMas

[Solved] Mint 14 Cinnamon > Class Mint > Status Icon too big

Post by DesMas »

Hi

I recently installed Mint 15 with Cinnamon Desktop and switched the theme to "Glass Mint"
At first, evereything seems to be fine, but after a reboot, the system status icons have been displayed too big.
icon_1.14em.png
I changed therefore the cinnamon.css the size definition for the icons from 1.14em to 16px in /usr/share/themes/Glass Mint/ .
icon_16px.png
That solved the problem for now.

Does anyone know why this could happen?
Is there any known conflict with other standard features?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Olson

Re: Mint 14 Cinnamon > Theme: Class Mint > Status Icon too b

Post by Olson »

maybe, in the panel menu, did you try selecting option for "Use customised panel size" and also the "allow cinnamon to scale panel and text and icons according to the panel heights" option?
I2k4
Level 5
Level 5

Post by I2k4 »

I had the same happen after upgrading my Mint 13 to Cinnamon 1.6. Fixed it by right-click > Troubleshoot > Restore all settings to default. Panel icons are the right size now but then need to pick and choose personal settings again. Maybe just a bug in the new Cinnamon.
TRUST BUT VERIFY any advice from anybody, including me. Mint/Ubuntu user since 10.04 LTS. LM20 64 bit XFCE (Dell 1520). Dual boot LM20 XFCE / Win7 (Lenovo desktop and Acer netbook). Testing LM21.1 Cinnamon and XFCE Live for new Lenovo desktop.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

It's a theme bug not a cinnamon bug - themes need to define font-size under #panel and the glass theme doesn't, even though the theme it was ripped off from (Ambiance) does. You can get around it in Cinnamon Settings but that's not necessary if font-size is set properly.
I2k4
Level 5
Level 5

Post by I2k4 »

You're right, it was after I switched to the Glass theme.
TRUST BUT VERIFY any advice from anybody, including me. Mint/Ubuntu user since 10.04 LTS. LM20 64 bit XFCE (Dell 1520). Dual boot LM20 XFCE / Win7 (Lenovo desktop and Acer netbook). Testing LM21.1 Cinnamon and XFCE Live for new Lenovo desktop.
kittun

Post by kittun »

I had the same problem, found the tutorial here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ns#p651427

To solve this, just go to Cinnamon Settings (right click the panel) >> Panel >> check the two boxes:
"Use customized panel size (otherwise it's defined by the theme)"
and
"Allow Cinnamon to scale panel text and icons according to the panel heights"

This solved my problem without restarting Cinnamon, though the tutorial said i have to restart cinnamon. :D

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”