KDE Amarok "bypassing" use of USB headset

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
YeeP

KDE Amarok "bypassing" use of USB headset

Post by YeeP »

This is in Mint 13 KDE. I had Mint 13 Cinnamon installed and decided to go for a change. Looks like this is a semi-common issue.. Anyway, I can play thought my headset in VLC, Kaffeine and others. I do have the headset set as default sound card, and this has been proven to work by detatching and reattaching during sound play, with positive results (in Kaffeine) Amarok is looking good when I fire it up, until I hit play, and I get this message in the lower right of my screen.

I can open Phonon, and try to override the change (or click on the white button that shows up in the above message), but I have no luck in that. Amarok seems to only want to play through my speakers. This program is really nice, I am pretty frustrated because I don't want to look elsewhere because of the program. With Amarok, I can pretend I know all the lyrics to my favorite songs and impress my kids/friends.
Phonon setup:

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clarjon1

Re: KDE Amarok "bypassing" use of USB headset

Post by clarjon1 »

What I have done to get it to output to my USB headset is to launch the KDE sound mixer, start playing a song in Amarok, then in the playback streams tab, right click Amarok, then in the pop up menu, go to Move -> Name Of USB Headset.

Return to “Software & Applications”