HDMI Audio with RS780 ATI HD3200

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robn30

HDMI Audio with RS780 ATI HD3200

Post by robn30 »

So I have been doing a lot of looking on Google to try and figure out how to get HDMI Audio with my laptop with HD3200 graphics. I am currently running Mint 13 with Kernal 3.2.0-33. I have tried the Grub modification using radeon.audio=1 and still nothing. I did that to the /etc/default/grub and /boot/grub/grub.cfg files. I then ran update-grub. Still no audio to my TV. When I run pavucontrol and run speaker test from the sound settings, the sound indicator under pavucontrol for output shows an indication like something is happening but nothing is heard at my TV speakers. BTW this occurs with radeon.audio=1 and not turned on in the grub at all. So no difference with or w/o this switch. Can someone please tell me what to do here, I would really like some HDMI audio. Also the Kernal Module listed for HDMI is snd-hda-intel. Not sure if that is the correct driver or not for the RS780. Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deguerra21

Re: HDMI Audio with RS780 ATI HD3200

Post by deguerra21 »

I have the same problem, when I connect the HDMI to the TV has no sound and the video is accelerated.

my computer is an Acer 5536 AMD ATI Readon 3200 HD 256mb
fagin

Post by fagin »

Hi, All. Same problem. I have a ATI HD 5xxx series card on my DeskTop. When I use HDMI to my TV no sound comes out, but the screen is OK. Previously I used to be a Ubuntu user. It works fine at that time. Any solution would be welcomed. Thanks!
fagin

Post by fagin »

Hi, all
My problem was solved. :)

First of all I wanted to remove fglrx

$ sudo apt-get --purge remove fglrx*

Then, I tried to install the latest ati driver.
(I downloaded driver file from AMD wibsite http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx)

$ sudo sh ./Download/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-12.10-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/quantal
$ sudo aticonfig --initial -f

It was failed.
After that, I'v installed fglrx again.

$ sudo apt-get install fglrx

Then, reboot.
I could see AMD Catalyst Control Center on Preferences.
I turned on TV.
I works.

Thanks!
PS. I don't know how it was working. However, my concern is that installing the proper driver is important.

Return to “Hardware Support”