desktop background

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
globareach
Level 1
Level 1

desktop background

Post by globareach »

i installed mint 14 but i cant find any desktop background pictures apart from the default pic. when i right clicked on desktop to change desktop bacground there is nothing in the cinnamon settings- background windows that came up. kindly help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: desktop background

Post by Orbmiser »

No problems during the install?

As for me there where about 18 of them in there when I installed.
I started of thread sharing some of my photography as wallpapers.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=117203

Feel free just left click on image then right click set as wallpaper from firefox.
look upper left corner on wallpaper dialog for fitting to your resolution as they are 1680x1050
might have to choose best fit,stretch,etc from the pull down menu.
Firefox saves in root of /home folder.

Also can browse Google images search for Mint wallpapers and click on full images and right click set as wallpaper also.

globareach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by globareach »

Thanks a million. your link also is helpful. i found the bacground pics in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-nadia extra
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

globareach wrote:Thanks a million. your link also is helpful. i found the bacground pics in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-nadia extra
Yep just copy any images to there and will show up when changing background and forgot to include looking in there.
globareach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by globareach »

Am sorry for replying late. yes i copied the pictures as you said and its okay now. Thanks so much. Linux is so much exciting, so much to explore.
globareach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by globareach »

Am sorry for replying late. yes i copied the pictures as you said and its okay now. Thanks so much. Linux is so much exciting, so much to explore.

Return to “Beginner Questions”