Redhat Linux Antivirus

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dp022

Redhat Linux Antivirus

Post by dp022 »

Hai,

Can anyone suggest me whether do we need antivirus for redhat linux.

If so which antivirus is best for the RHEL and after installing of the antivirus on RHEL, will it effects the oracle applications.

Thanks in Advance :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dp022

Re: Redhat Linux Antivirus

Post by dp022 »

Hai Guys,

Can anyone help me regarding the above thread :)

monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

I run a Red Hat derivative (CentOS) on one of the shop boxes (multiple users) and it has never picked up anything beyond a browser hijacking. So due diligence required action and now I run ClamAV, more to watch email as anything else.
Beyond that another point to consider, Linux user boards tend to focus on the releases they represent. Cross posting questions to unrelated boards may get you questionable results from time to time or you may end up waiting a long time to get any kind of answerer at all. However, I wish you luck with you AV search and your Red Hat experience. Enjoy
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

You need anti-virus/anti-spyware mainly for people with whom you share files who run that Redmond OS, not RHEL. There is no anti-virus set up to catch Linux malware, because there hasn't been any need in the past or in the present. Most malware for Linux still requires user intervention to infect the Linux machine, or it only infects one user, not root.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved topic here as it isn't about Linux Mint.

Perhaps ask on RedHat related forums; Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu and Debian, which works quite differently from RedHat. Also, Linux Mint is for desktops while RedHat is generally for servers. If you are running your server in a shared hosted environment, perhaps have a look at LMD as you have specific threats in that case: http://www.rfxn.com/projects/linux-malware-detect/

Return to “Chat about Linux”