Linux Mint 14 crashing sometimes, no warning.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
glop

Linux Mint 14 crashing sometimes, no warning.

Post by glop »

My session randomly crashes and brings me back to the login screen. I use Linux Mint 14 (Cinnamon) on my main work laptop (Thinkpad X60s) and this happens one or two times a day. I am using Ubuntu since many years but cannot manage to figure out what the problem is... I upgraded last week from 13 as it was happening as well. Everything else is absolutely perfect, I really wouldn't like to ditch Linux Mint because I cannot find a solution. Got any idea?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
EmpireITtech

Re: Linux Mint 14 crashing sometimes, no warning.

Post by EmpireITtech »

Did you perform a "fresh" install of Mint 14?
If you upgraded, try to save off your data and then do a fresh/clean install

What desktop did you go with?
you have cinnamon, have you tried using the MATE version? Maybe your hardware doesn't like that particular desktop

Have you been able to find/install all the correct drivers?
I had problems like that until I got the correct GPU drivers installed for my nVidia Geforce, so maybe it's a driver issue

Return to “Beginner Questions”