Need some help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pbelfi
Level 1
Level 1

Need some help

Post by pbelfi »

Hey all......hoping someone here can help me. I just installed Linux Mint 4 on my laptop, and everything seemed to go great, until I went to do an update. After all the updates were done downloading, and they were installing onto the system, everything just locked up solid! So I had no other option but to reboot. When I went to reboot, grub loads up, and then I get a Kernel Panic Error. Can someone tell me how to get this thing back up and running again? I have a feeling that I'm going to maybe end up re-installing the whole OS again :( ...any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pbelfi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Need some help

Post by pbelfi »

Thanks for the reply, and the offer to help, but I just ended up re-installing anyways. It was a fresh install, so no data was needed to be recovered . And I was using the Mint updater, and not Synaptic when the system just locked up! Thanks again for the help.

Return to “Installation & Boot”