No Bootsplash after upgrading to Nadia

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Oimel1987

No Bootsplash after upgrading to Nadia

Post by Oimel1987 »

Today I've upgraded with apt-get my linux mint 13 to 14. After correcting the DNS Problem, I've noticed that the Boot Splash is not that one that plymouth shows me on preview mode. My active Boot Splash looks like Pixelart or something like that.
So I want to get the splash that plymouth shows me. Could somebody help me to fix that problem ? Is it possible that plymouth isn't loaded at startup ?

thanks for your help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: No Bootsplash after upgrading to Nadia

Post by Orbmiser »

Hmmm installed Mint 13 Cinnamon then 14 and neither showed a Boot Splash image.
I assumed it didn't come with.
Oimel1987

Post by Oimel1987 »

it could be, but after installing plymouth on 13 I've got a nice splash till now. when I let me show a preview of the current splash it shows correctly, but in the boot sequency there is only that pixelart that looks really bad.
Oyabunbaba

Post by Oyabunbaba »

I have similar problem, in live cd i have this splash screen with green dots and logo but after installation i have bunch of text loading system, drivers, hdd etc. :( sometimes pixels too. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=119009
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Oyabunbaba wrote:I have similar problem, in live cd i have this splash screen with green dots and logo but after installation i have bunch of text loading system, drivers, hdd etc. :( sometimes pixels too. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=119009
Hmmm... Weird for me just Black screens. I wonder if anybody knows for sure?

ARE WE Suppose to have a Splash Screen? Any clarification would be appreciated.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Can't find any info on a definitive Yes there should be a splash screen during boot up?
Someone chime in on the issue?
Thanks!

Found this for 13 but don't know if it will work for 14? as don't want to screw up my boot.
Black splash screen

In Linux Mint the boot splash screen is completely black. This is by design. Once the system is installed the boot sequence is relatively fast. The black loading sequence doesn't look out of place and it looks consistent across all computers, whatever driver you're using. If you'd rather get a splash screen you can select one by typing the following command and selecting mint-logo:

sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth
Or will removing quiet from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" do the trick?

Return to “Installation & Boot”