Can't install on Toshiba Laptop

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Can't install on Toshiba Laptop

Post by Jessey Lawson »

I just bought a new Tosiba laptop for 300 at Walmart yesterday. It was the version with the full keyboard and the mouse pad on the left. It runs Windows 8, but I want to duel boot with Linux Mint 14. The problem is that I can't get it to work period. I first checked the BIOS and after a while I got it to open. I unfortunly discoved that this laptop can't boot form a cd/dvd. Next I tried the built in installer, and all that got was an error screen and this same thing happened with the option to install it in Windows. Now I am stuck and verry angry to the point where I am consdering just shotting the Laptop. I can't replace it so I realy need help before this thing pushes me over the edge.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Can't install on Toshiba Laptop

Post by bigj231 »

You will have to disable/bypass secure boot to get it to work. I would also recommend making a live USB to install, as it is significantly faster than a DVD for installation
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

moved here, in the meantime i removed the other, duplicated topic, let's hope here you can find better advise to install mint successfully :)
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jessey Lawson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6jZzvUH07k

This shows you whats wrong

ps. I do cuss

Return to “Installation & Boot”