- synapse is like super-powered mint start menu search, or gnome-do. and quicker.
- guake is a multi-tab drop-down terminal you call using a kb shortcut
- easystroke allows you to control interface using click-move-release mouse gestures
- zim is an efficient wiki notetaking solution. for me a must-have at work and at home!
- xmind is my favorite mind mapping software (not in the repos but ubuntu package available)
- speedcrunch is my calculator application. it displays a multi-line history.
- deluge is a fast and powerful torrent downloader reminding of µtorrent. more complete than transmission, and quick.
I also find these tweaks in dconf very useful:
[list=][*]dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/interface/can-change-accels true
You can assign kb shortcut to a menu action bi typing the kb shortcut when you hover menu item.
[*]dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/interface/automatic-mnemonics
menu's keyboard shortcuts are always displayed[/list]
Do you use convenient helper apps you'd like to share?