Metro Interface for Linux!

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Orbmiser

Metro Interface for Linux!

Post by Orbmiser »

Come On Now! Admit It!
You were Eagerly Waiting for it. And was Jealous the whole Time waiting ! :P

Metro Interface for Linux
http://1inux.deviantart.com/art/Metro-I ... -342402045
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Metro Interface for Linux!

Post by karlchen »

Orbmiser wrote:Metro Interface for Linux
http://1inux.deviantart.com/art/Metro-I ... -342402045
Oh, no! This is pure heresy! The Dark Lord Sauron is trying to conquer Minty Hobbit Lands. :shock:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
d00med

Post by d00med »

Don't see the attraction personally. Not a fan of the dayglow colors for one thing. But to each his own.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing I did when I bought my new laptop (after making a partition for Linux, of course) was install Classic Shell to get rid of the Metro interface on Windows 8. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Hawkeye_52

Post by Hawkeye_52 »

Orbmiser,

You know how to give someone nightmares :shock: :!:

Hawkeye52
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I tried Metro on a Surface tablet. It was silly, basically turning your entire operating system in one big "ribbon". Didn't like it, I'd rather run Plasma Active :D
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Ya! I was scratching my head a bit on that when I saw it.

As making linux into something like that is Blasphemy as far as I'm concerned! :shock:

But hay each to their own. And just gave me the crack-ups when I saw it.
d00med

Post by d00med »

Orbmiser wrote:Ya! I was scratching my head a bit on that when I saw it.

As making linux into something like that is Blasphemy as far as I'm concerned! :shock:

But hay each to their own. And just gave me the crack-ups when I saw it.
Oh sorry, missed your sarcasm. Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous stuff there, considering Metro is pretty much widely unpopular, and might even be partially a factor as to why Valve is bringing their stuff to Linux. Win for us, thanks Microsoft.

And there's this (partially NSFW icons?).
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep have a friend and she wanted to show off her new Windows 8 and her 7yr old daughter keep touching the tiles on the screen.
So Now We Do know who it was designed for :P
mfluder

Post by mfluder »

No! No! No! Noooooooooo!
bleduc1

Post by bleduc1 »

May I bump this topic?

I haven't actually used Windows 8, so I can't tell you about the metro interface. But to an extent, it does interest me, and gives me a little bit of an idea. I think it would be a cool idea to have the Linux Mint menu have a more metro look. I don't mean a giant screen of tiles. The menu would still have its same look, but the icons could be arranged the way the user chooses. They could be in columns, in groups, in folders, or whatever.

Here's an example of what I mean.
http://leduc-gallery.deviantart.com/art ... 1366561596
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

tdockery97 wrote:Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing I did when I bought my new laptop (after making a partition for Linux, of course) was install Classic Shell to get rid of the Metro interface on Windows 8. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear you, td...a friend of mine has a friend who just bought a new toshiba laptop that was on sale at Best Buy (with windows 8, of course) and he is bringing it over to him to get things set up (he isn't a linux user and will be staying with windows) the first thing my friend is going to do for him after it is set up is to add this:
http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

His friend played with it in the store and didn't like the metro interface one bit :wink:
So my friend is going to give him back his "windows 7" as it were... :D
Kerr

Post by Kerr »

To be fair, I havent tried metro, so maybe its not that bad... but still... ewwwwwwww!!!

Return to “Chat about Linux”