Thunar 1.6 - when to expect update for LM 13 Xfce?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dajare

Thunar 1.6 - when to expect update for LM 13 Xfce?

Post by dajare »

I'm a very happy user of LM 13 Xfce (LTS). As I understand it, this version has Xfce 4.10, and the version of Thunar I've got is 1.4.0.

I have seen a report of the updated Thunar (1.6) which has some great upgrades, especially tab support 8) among others.

Question: I do regular updates on my system, but this Thunar update is not showing up. Do I have to add a PPA to get it? I would have thought that the "Xfce" edition of LM would get these updates automatically, but it seems that's not the case.

Thanks for any help with this!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneC

Re: Thunar 1.6 - when to expect update for LM 13 Xfce?

Post by GeneC »

You have to add the PPA for Thunar 1.6.... :wink:
(Its from XFCE 4.12, MInt is at 4.10)

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/11/install- ... rt-in.html

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/xfce-4.12
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Re start Thunar

Code: Select all

thunar -q
dajare

Re: Thunar 1.6 - when to expect update for LM 13 Xfce?

Post by dajare »

GeneC wrote:You have to add the PPA for Thunar 1.6.... :wink:
(Its from XFCE 4.12, MInt is at 4.10) . . .
OK - so I did need the new/extra PPA :idea: Just ran those commands: a lot of stuff got updated! But Thunar is indeed now at 1.6.1, a good outcome, and everything else seems to be working still (phew!), also a good outcome!

Obviously I haven't quite understood how versions and PPAs are related. Thanks for the pointer!

Return to “Xfce”