Volume slider goes directly from silent to incredibly loud

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
valtiel

Volume slider goes directly from silent to incredibly loud

Post by valtiel »

I installed Mint 14 recently and I have a weird issue with the audio volume controls. It seems like the scale on the volume slider is totally off. If I slide it all the way to the left the audio is completely silent as you'd expect, but when I slide it only a tiny bit to the right (like a couple of pixels) then the audio is immediately at full volume. And sliding it further to the right makes no change to the audio levels after that.

This happens when I use the volume slider of the sound app in the panel, but also if I open the Sound application and adjust the Output Volume slider there. In either case I'm at full volume when the slider is only at like 2% and then for the remaining 98% of the bar the audio volume just stays identical.

Does anyone recognize this problem and know any solution for it? It's really annoying because it means my audio basically only has 3 settings: completely silent, kind of quiet, and incredibly loud. There's no way to adjust it to anything inbetween those.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
valtiel

Re: Volume slider goes directly from silent to incredibly lo

Post by valtiel »

Well I found a solution. The fix posted in this thread worked for me: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1317562

Return to “Sound”