New Here!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CurtisCoburn

New Here!!

Post by CurtisCoburn »

Hi

I have tried many different operating systems, and I finally came to Linux Mint. I had a lot of trouble installing Mint 14, so instead I installed 13, and it was no problems at all. In my opinion, Linux Mint is really really good. I am thinking for my new build, a powerful computer I will be building later on after Christmas, I will be installing Mint 13, instead of 14 because of the problems, and that 13 is LTS.

Hope to be more part of this community!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: New Here!!

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D Linux Mint 13 is the long-term support release, so nothing wrong with using that. On a new build you could try Linux Mint 14.1 anyway, as probably your problems are specific to the hardware on your old build (it's running fine as can be here :wink:).
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

CurtisCoburn wrote:Hi

I have tried many different operating systems, and I finally came to Linux Mint. I had a lot of trouble installing Mint 14, so instead I installed 13, and it was no problems at all. In my opinion, Linux Mint is really really good. I am thinking for my new build, a powerful computer I will be building later on after Christmas, I will be installing Mint 13, instead of 14 because of the problems, and that 13 is LTS.

Hope to be more part of this community!!
Welcome

Remember that a new build will not necessarily behave the same as your recent experience. And that might have been influenced by your choice of desktop. The Mate Desktop is more friendly to machines that might experience graphics issues with the likes of Cinnamon.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome to Linux Mint and the forums! :P
Seth86

Post by Seth86 »

Welcome!
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”