Updating printer driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Old Marine

Updating printer driver

Post by Old Marine »

My printer is an Epson Workforce 845. Amazingly, the system recognized it and installed a driver with no input from me. However, in the interest of saving a few trees, I find that the driver installed was for the Workforce 645, which does not support a duplexer, which the 845 has. While I have the correct driver for it, and did install it, I do not know how to make the system use it. The driver is a .deb file ( epson-inkjet-printer-201107w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb ) and works with the duplexer. Can anyone help me to get the printer subsystem to use this driver. Thanks in advance for any advice. And by the way, Mint 14 Cinnamon is GREAT!
- - - Don
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stratus_ss

Re: Updating printer driver

Post by stratus_ss »

Did you try going back into the printer settings, right click on your printer and go to properties. Under the "Make and Model" section, click change and try selecting your model, or alternatively if you can hunt down where the deb file extracted its PPD (the printer driver file) you can actually specify that
Old Marine

Post by Old Marine »

The only printer window I can locate does not offer any "right click". Nothing happens. Where are you finding those "printer settings?This is the only place I can find.[img]/home/don/Desktop/Screenshot%20from%202012-12-08%2009:28:19.png[/img]
stratus_ss

Post by stratus_ss »

Hi Don,

I missed the fact that you were running Cinnamon, I am using Gnome 3 on top of Mint 13. I fired up a Mint 14 Cinnamon install, I see what you mean about not being able to right-click. If I have time I will investigate further.

hopefully someone else will chime in
Old Marine

Post by Old Marine »

SOLVED Problem solved by going back to LTS Mint13 and MATE interface. Prefer LTS version anyway.
sofokles5

Post by sofokles5 »

thats not SOLVED.

Return to “Hardware Support”