nadia - wallpaper

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rusty_jones

nadia - wallpaper

Post by rusty_jones »

Where is the wallpaper stored in nadia? Trying to load additional wallpaper and can't find folder.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: nadia - wallpaper

Post by Orbmiser »

bacground pics in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-nadia extra
rusty_jones

Post by rusty_jones »

thanks
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Orbmiser wrote:bacground pics in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-nadia extra
Actually that is a system package not a location to put your own backgrounds. @rusty_jones, you can put your own background images where ever you like in your home and in the Backgrounds applet just click the + top right to navigate to them. Try putting them in a Wallpapers folder inside Pictures or in a .backgrounds folder in your home.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

remoulder wrote:
Actually that is a system package not a location to put your own backgrounds. @rusty_jones, you can put your own background images where ever you like in your home and in the Backgrounds applet just click the + top right to navigate to them. Try putting them in a Wallpapers folder inside Pictures or in a .backgrounds folder in your home.
So they won't show if put in there? As shouldn't have to browse to my preferred collection of wallpapers.
But should be right there on right click change desktop background. Or able to change default point to folder for Desktop backgrounds?
Hawkeye_52

Post by Hawkeye_52 »

Orbmiser wrote:
remoulder wrote:
So they won't show if put in there? As shouldn't have to browse to my preferred collection of wallpapers.
But should be right there on right click change desktop background. Or able to change default point to folder for Desktop backgrounds?
As remoulder pointed out, there are a lot of ways to do it. I create a folder called 'personal collection' in /usr/share/backgrounds. Anything I've collected or newly found that captures my fancy goes there. Then, when I right-click on the desktop and select 'Change Desktop Background', when I +-click, I can navigate to the backgrounds directory and make my choice(s). By doing it this way, I keep my personal collection separate from the official Linux Mint collect, and it makes it easy for me to save them for my other computers, or to 'pass around' to others, like myself, who like to 100's of wallpaper choices :wink: .

I guess creating a folder in /home of in /home/pictures would work, but I like to be a 'one-stop-shopper'...

Hawkeye52

Return to “Non-technical Questions”