Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mister_lister

Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Post by mister_lister »

*ADMIN DO NOT MOVE THIS TOPIC FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE*

I am using LinuxMint 13 (maya) and I was fully updated yesterday. Yesterday is when these issues started, right after I updated to MintUpdate 4.4.7. At first I got an error message regarding the authentication, there was no option other than to select "ok". After that I was unable all day into the night yesterday to Update without getting errors saying that there was a problem with the repositories. The admins deleted all of my thread save one message and put that in another thread and now that thread is deleted as well. I took it on upon myself to invest most of my day inspecting files (such as the source list and pinging each of the servers and they all replied in a timely manner.

So after doing all of that I then went to lauchpad (https://launchpad.net/linuxmint) and posted an error report (#1091895) so far 5 people verified this error there, if you have the same issues, go to that website and search for the error and post a comment about how it is effecting you (you may have to register).
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Post by karlchen »

Hello, mister_lister.

Be assured the mintupdater 4.4.7 is absolutely innocent.
It is a temporal co-incidence that you started experiencing problems performing Mint updates after you had installed mintupdate 4.4.7.
I started experiencing serious problems accessing the Linux Mint repositories before I finally received and installed mintupdate 4.4.7.
The details which are publically known about the current Linux Mint update problems and which a lot of users are experiencing can all be be found in this thread: Problem in updating.
There is no need starting yet another thread about the well-known problem.
In particular there is no need starting to blame mintupdate 4.4.7 for being the culprit. It is not.
Evidence:
It is totally irrelevant whether you use apt-get, aptitude, Synaptic or mintupdate in order to check for and download updates. The connection to packages.linuxmint.com will be slow as a snail. The connection to the Ubuntu servers will be fast.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
zerozero

Re: Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Post by zerozero »

this is a duplicate topic of this one http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 45#p662345
no point keeping 2 topics running with the same subject
[locked]

Return to “Software & Applications”