Moved from Ubuntu 10.10 to Mint - Hi!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
threepot

Moved from Ubuntu 10.10 to Mint - Hi!

Post by threepot »

Thought I'd pop by the forum and say hello and thanks for Linux Mint 14 Nadia

Been using Ubuntu for about 3 years now, got hacked off with windows after 15 years of empty promises of a decent operating system.

I don't play games, nor do I want to pay for software or use pirated stuff so Linux suits me down to the ground.

Grew up with the ms dos prompt so a bit of terminal/shell stuff makes me happy! Quite like the control I get with a linux platform.

Moved over to Mint because my Ubuntu was getting seriously out of date when it came to packages etc, really didn't like the latest gui setup with ubuntu 12.

Mate told me to try Mint, so put it on a laptop I was using to mess with aircrack-ng, since then I've moved every laptop and desktop in the house over to Mint.

Had a bit of an arse with nvidia drivers and dual screen support, but I did with ubuntu. All working now though thanks.

Also got myself a nice Cisco router and hacked it up with some DD-WRT, this is a very linux house :) Don't bring non of that apple crap round here.

So thanks for the OS!!!!!!

Matt, Crewe - UK

p.s. wonder if you could write a script that would make Apple hardware explode if it tried to obtain an IP address from my router?!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Moved from Ubuntu 10.10 to Mint - Hi!

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Catbuntu

Post by Catbuntu »

Yes, Ubuntu has changed its user interface to Unity -a more newer and sometimes laggy shell for Gnome 3. Lots of users -just like me- came to Linux Mint, because with its Cinnamon shell, which is Gnome 3 with the look of the old Gnome 2, and MATE, which is an updated version of Gnome 2, it makes the Gnome 3 "drama" less dramatic. In fact, I stopped «distro hopping» thanks to Mint!
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”