Multiple Task Bars in Cinamon?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
billmc

Multiple Task Bars in Cinamon?

Post by billmc »

Does Cinamon support multiple taskbars? If so, can someone tell me how to set it up? I'd kinda like to have one along the top and one along the bottom, sorta like gnome.

Just installed Mint 14, Cinamon.
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Multiple Task Bars in Cinamon?

Post by caf4926 »

Right click the bottom panel and you can access the settings
There is an option for what you want
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
billmc

Post by billmc »

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it once before and just tried it again after you suggested it. Although the panel layout says Classic (panels at the top and at the bottom) all it does for me is move my panel from the bottom to the top, it doesn't add a second one.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

I'm not on a Cinnamon install ATM so I can't check
But I'm guessing there will be an option somewhere or perhaps a shell extension will be needed ?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

When you select classic top bottom panels click ok.
Then restart Cinnamon to take effect by Typing Alt+F2 then enter r and hit enter.
billmc

Post by billmc »

Actually, I lied to you guys. When I selected Classic (I did restart Cinamon by logging out and back in, I thank you for the quicker method), the task bar I had along the bottom moved to the top. A new empty task bar appeared at the bottom. When I try to add something to that task bar, my only choices are something that is not already installed on the (other) task bar. I can't seem to have multiple copies of any particular app-let running. I haven't figured out how to get anything onto the new taskbar (even by clicking on the new task bar to install something). They always seem to want to go on the original task bar.

What I'd really like to have, is to have the original task bar along the bottom, as in the default install; but on the top I'd like to have several instances of the weather app running, for different geographical locations, and I'd like to get my clock and calendar moved up top as well.

Is there any reason, that it moves the original task bar to the top and creates the new one along the bottom, rather than the other way around?

Return to “Software & Applications”