intel gma3600: X unable to start bug fixed in mint?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mokito

intel gma3600: X unable to start bug fixed in mint?

Post by mokito »

does anyone know if this bug is fixed on ubuntu 12.10 ou mint 14 nadia?

intel gma3600: X unable to start

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1069031

i'm running maya mate and i'm think to give a spin to nadia but my netbook doesn't seem to like that kernel version.... the alpha 13.04 versions boots fine, despit performance degradation do to intel atom graphics.... :s

PS: netboook is a ASUS X101CH.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mokito

Re: intel gma3600: X unable to start bug fixed in mint?

Post by mokito »

still no answer?

did i post on the wrong section?

if so, mods please be kind to move to the right one :)
Nastanir

Post by Nastanir »

Last week installed Linux Mint Maya on D2500HN which has the same graphics core as D2700, N2600 or N2800 Atom. To successfully install Maya 32 bit, I needed the internet connection active without which installation fails. After installation checked for drivers and found GMA3600 drivers from package managers. Installed, rebooted. It now works with Full HD desktop at native resolution. You tube videos stream at 480p (little stuttering), 720p with lots of frame drop. Same board with Windows 8 works ok with 720p youtube video. If H264 videos run from hard disk then Mint runs well at 720p. Without these restricted drivers, with Full HD screen mint does not run at Full HD native resolution. These drivers are for 32bit only as PowerVR core itself is not 64bit. Tried to run 64bit maya from live dvd. It runs but video/ desktop 2D is extremely poor.
mokito

Post by mokito »

after installing the restricted video drivers i can watch some video files fine on the netbook. my problem remains with booting after installing ubuntu 12.10\mint 14 do to the kernel not liking the intel graphics. 13.04 was performance degradation do to the use of the llvm (?) driver
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

@ mokito: For Mint 14, Ubuntu 12.10 and later, the restricted drivers (cedarview-graphics-drivers from the repository) are not available indeed. For the moment, it's recommended to use Mint 13.

llvmpipe is a software fallback for rendering 3D, when no driver with hardware 3D acceleration is available.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
mokito

Post by mokito »

thanks albertP for the reply! running LM13 mate 32bits on the netbook for the upcoming times :P

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”